Xavier limped toward the ACC tournament, as the Musketeers have not beaten a team except lowly DePaul since February 4. In that span, Xavier has gone 0-6 SU and ATS against teams with winning records. The Musketeers, who find themselves sitting firmly on the bubble, face off Thursday against a Butler squad they’ve struggled against.
– Shark BITES
- Xavier is 11-3 ATS in its last 14 games against Butler.
- Butler is 7-1 SU and ATS in its last 8 games after losing as a favorite.
- Butler is 0-4 ATS in its last 4 games with four days off between games.
In two regular season games against Butler, Xavier gave up 85.5 points per game while allowing the Bulldogs to shoot over 50 percent from the field. Trevon Bluiett, who is doing his best to carry Xavier following Edmond Sumner’s injury, has averaged 18.2 points and 6.6 rebounds in the past five contests since missing two games with an ankle injury.
The Bulldogs saw their four-game winning streak end with a loss to Seton Hall in their regular season finale. That game saw Butler struggle offensively with the squad scoring just 64 points and shooting an abysmal 6-for-21 from beyond the arc. Junior Kelan Martin has proven to be the leader of the Bulldogs, as he closed out the season by averaging 19.8 points and 7.6 rebounds while shooting 48 percent from 3-point land in the past five.
Xavier Musketeers vs Butler Bulldogs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Butler Bulldogs bring a 23-7 record (18-12 ATS) to this tilt against the 20-12 Musketeers, who are 13-18 ATS. Those OVER/UNDER betting have witnessed Butler go 14-15-1 so far and the Xavier Musketeers go 16-15.
The Odds – Shark Power Rankings have the Butler Bulldogs at No. 68 and the Xavier Musketeers at No. 206 heading into this college basketball betting matchup.
Rating these schools in several key categories is important for handicappers and Butler has the nation’s No. 85-rated offensive output, at 76.93 PPG. The visiting Xavier Musketeers defense ranks No. 127 allowing on average 71.69 PPG. The Bulldogs FG% has averaged 47.9% so far, more than the Butler Musketeers marksmen have achieved on the year, 45.3% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Trevon Bluiett scored 17 points leading the Musketeers to a 75-64 victory over DePaul at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday.
The Bulldogs endured a 70-64 loss at the hands of the Pirates on Saturday, despite a 19-point effort from Kelan Martin at Hinkle Fieldhouse.
- Xavier is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Xavier is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Xavier’s last 6 games
- Xavier is 11-3 ATS in its last 14 games when playing Butler
- Butler is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Butler’s last 5 games
- Butler is 3-11 ATS in its last 14 games when playing Xavier
- Butler is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing Xavier