The New York Yankees may have moved three games over .500 for the first time this season, but it’s quite clear they’re in seller mode after dealing Aroldis Chapman to the Chicago Cubs. The Bronx Bombers are set to invade Minute Maid Park on Tuesday for a date with the Houston Astros.
- The visiting team is 5-2 SU in its last seven games in this matchup.
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of the Astros’ last 20 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
- The Astros are 5-1 SU in their last six games after a loss.
CC Sabathia and Doug Fister are the probable starters for the game. Sabathia’s (5-8, 4.04 ERA) winless drought reached six starts last week against the Orioles. The big lefty has given up five homers during his winless spell after yielding only two in his first 11 outings.
When the Yanks and ‘Stros collide in Texas, the UNDER is red-hot. Ten of the last 11 matchups between the squads in Houston have gone below the total.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Houston Astros as -150 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 8.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.0-2.5 win for the Astros on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Houston Astros Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Houston Astros bring a 54-45 record to the battle against the 51-48 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs New York injuries news.
This game puts the Houston Astros, most recently No. 4 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the New York Yankees, who rate a No. 15 in the latest survey.
The game also pits Houston Astros No. 14-rated offense, averaging 4.58 runs per game, against a New York Yankees defense that ranks No. 13 at 4.33 in runs allowed per game. The Houston Astros have averaged 8.42 hits per game so far, more than New York Yankees batters have averaged on the year (8.35 hits per game).
Houston owns the No. 5 defense, allowing 4.58 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 13-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York rolled to a 2-1 win against Houston on Monday, as M Pineda and the Yankees’ bats led the team to victory at Minute Maid Park.
- NY Yankees is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- NY Yankees is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Houston is 6-13 ATS in its last 19 games
- Houston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games
- Houston is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Houston, Wednesday, July 27th