The New York Yankees are quickly finding themselves falling out of the AL Wild Card picture and another loss to the Toronto Blue Jays could be the final nail in the coffin. The Bronx Bombers have lost six consecutive games in Toronto, which includes a 9-0 loss in the series opener Friday.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of the Yankees’ last 13 games on the road against the Blue Jays.
- The Yankees are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games against teams with winning records.
- Marcus Stroman has held Yankees’ batters to a .193 batting average this season.
Yankees’ pitcher CC Sabathia has had his personal struggles against the Blue Jays this season, as the big lefty is 0-3 with a 4.26 ERA in three starts against Toronto. Sabathia’s last outing against the Jays saw him allow nine hits and seven runs in 6.0 innings of work – though he did have 12 strikeouts.
Marcus Stroman has pitched well for the Jays this month, as the righty has a 3.91 ERA in his past four starts. However, the Jays’ slumping bats have given him a combined five runs of support in that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Toronto Blue Jays as -200 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.4-3.3 result in favor of the Blue Jays. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Toronto (84-69) will face the 79-74 Yankees in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs New York injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 26-rated Toronto Blue Jays and the league No. 14-ranked New York Yankees, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark .
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting New York Yankees rank No. 20 at 8.54 hits per game. That compares with the Toronto Blue Jays No. 23 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, New York owns the No. 12-rated road mark, allowing 4.49 runs per game on the highway. Toronto, on the other hand, rates No. 5 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
F Liriano shut down the Yankees in their last game, striking out 6 in a 9-0 shutout over New York in baseball action at Rogers Centre.
- NY Yankees is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- NY Yankees is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Toronto is 4-13 ATS in its last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toronto’s last 7 games
- Toronto is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Toronto, Sunday, September 25th