Taking the first in their three-game set, the Yankees will look for the series win against the Cubs at Wrigley Field tonight and they’ll do it as moneyline underdogs with Jordan Montgomery (1-1, 4.15 ERA) set to take the mound opposite Brett Anderson (2-1, 6.38 ERA). The Yanks have won three straight heading into this heavyweight interleague contest and if their young guns can keep up the slug-show, they’ll be great bets this evening.
– Shark BITES
- Yankees’ batters have just 28 combined at-bats against Cubs’ starter Brett Anderson.
- The Yankees are 8-2 SU in their last 10 matchups with the Cubs.
- The Yankees are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games overall.
It seems a little foolish for the Yanks to be dogs tonight. They’ve dominated the head-to-head with the Cubs the last decade and have a clear advantage on the starting bump. Montgomery is young talented prospect where Anderson is nothing more than a stop-gap.
The former Dodger started off his season with two solid outings but has given up a total of 16 runs in his last three starts. He’s been helped by a ton of run support (25 in three games) and that’s the only reason he has two wins.
New York is one of the best slugging teams in baseball through the first month of the season and they could pound Anderson tonight.
New York Yankees vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs bring a 16-13 record to the battle against the 18-9 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs New York injuries news.
The Chicago Cubs vs New York Yankees odds would favor the Yankees if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Chicago is rated No. 8 in the current Odds – Shark poll, while New York is at No. 2.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago Cubs No. 6-ranked scoring average of 4.97 runs per game, against a New York Yankees offense rated No. 2 and scoring 5.59 runs per game. The Cubs have averaged 8.86 hits per game to date this season, less than the Yankees hitters have managed (9.52 per nine innings).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Chicago has the No. 13-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Yankees own the No. 4 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- NY Yankees is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games
- NY Yankees is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games
- NY Yankees is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Chicago, Sunday, May 7th