The New York Yankees just can’t seem to crack the .500 mark, but they’ll have another opportunity to even their record against the Seattle Mariners on Monday.
- The Yankees are 8-0 SU in their last eight games on the road against the Mariners.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Yankees’ last four games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Mariners’ last five games against teams with winning records.
Michael Pineda and Cody Martin are slated to take the mound. Pineda (6-10, 4.89 ERA) has struggled away from Yankee Stadium, posting a 2-6 mark with a 5.11 ERA on the year. The right-hander has split a pair of decisions against Seattle in his career.
Martin (1-2, 3.14) has kept the ball in the park in his six outings in 2016, which is extra impressive considering he surrendered eight homers over 30 2/3 combined innings with Oakland and Atlanta last year.
UNDER bettors love seeing these teams collide. In the last seven games between the Yanks and M’s, the UNDER is 6-1.
New York Yankees vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Seattle Mariners bring a 66-57 record to the battle against the 63-60 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs New York injuries news.
The Seattle Mariners sit at No. 7 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the New York Yankees sit at No. 11 on the same chart.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Seattle Mariners No. 8-ranked scoring average of 4.71 runs per game, against a New York Yankees offense rated No. 23 and scoring 4.15 runs per game. The Mariners have averaged 8.9 hits per game to date this season, more than the Yankees hitters have managed (8.42 per nine innings).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Seattle has the No. 11-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Yankees own the No. 15 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J Chacin shut down the Yankees in their last game, striking out 4 in a 2-0 shutout over New York in baseball action at Angel Stadium.
Seattle didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 7-6 to Milwaukee on Sunday at Safeco Field.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Seattle is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Seattle is 12-4 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 6 games
- Seattle is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Seattle, Tuesday, August 23rd