In a matchup of Japanese internationals, Masahiro Tanaka (10-4, 3.24 ERA) and Hisashi Iwakuma (14-8, 3.78 ERA) will take the mound for their respective clubs in the rubber match between the Yankees and Mariners at Safeco Field this afternoon.
- The Yankees are 10-4 in their last 14 games against the Mariners.
- The Mariners are 8-0 in their last 8 games at home with Iwakuma as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the Yankees’ last 9 games against the Mariners.
The Yankees have won 10 of their last 12 games with Tanaka on the starting bump and need to start winning series’ now if they hope to have any shot at the playoffs. Tanaka can help them achieve that today if he continues his solid road pitching. The split-finger fastball expert owns a 2.28 ERA in the 12 games he has hurled away from Yankee Stadium in 2016.
Well, the Mariners have won 10 of Iwakuma’s last 13 starts so the first stat I mentioned about Tanaka is essentially null. Iwa is 8-2 inside the friendly fences of Safeco Field and owns a 1.69 ERA in the month of August. He can cap off an excellent month today if he continues to limit the Yankees’ lineup to the career .227 average they have combined to hit off him.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Seattle was a -110 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 7.5.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.8-3.5 win for the Yankees on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
67-58 Seattle battles the Yankees, currently with a 64-61 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Seattle Mariners at No. 7 and the New York Yankees at No. 11 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Seattle has baseball’s No. 9-rated offensive output, at 8.87 hits per game. The New York Yankees average 8.43 hits per game, good for No. 23 on the list.
Defensively, New York features the No. 12-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.41 runs per game. Seattle, meanwhile, comes in at No. 13 at home, scoring 4.56 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Mariners, a 5-1 final on Tuesday in support of C Sabathia at Safeco Field.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’ last 5 games
- NY Yankees are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- NY Yankees are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’ last 6 games on the road
- Seattle is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Seattle is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 6 games
- Seattle is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Baltimore, Friday, August 26th
Seattle at Chicago, Thursday, August 25th