Despite the two teams combining for 11 runs in the first game of the Subway Series Monday, both the New York Yankees and New York Mets have not been scoring tons of runs lately. The Yankees have gone UNDER in 13 of their past 17 while the Mets have failed to top the total in 15 of their past 20.
- Jay Bruce will be making his Mets’ debut after being acquired Monday.
- The Yankees are 7-1 in their past eight games that Masahiro Tanaka started.
- The Yankees are 7-2 in the past nine games against the Mets.
Masahiro Tanaka has made two career starts against the Mets, but both of those came at Citi Field. Tanaka has been excellent in those outings against the Mets – with the righty posting a 1.20 ERA and a 0.60 WHIP in those two games.
Jacob deGrom will take the bump for the Mets with the pitcher on one of his strongest stretches of the season. DeGrom has allowed two runs or less in five of his past six starts while averaging 6.3 strikeouts per game in that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting New York Yankees before the first pitch in this match found them as 105 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 6.5 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Mets to win this game 4.2-4.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets bring a 54-51 record to the battle against the 53-52 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs New York injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 23-rated New York Mets and the league No. 17-ranked New York Yankees, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
At the plate, New York owns the No. 30 ranking for hits at 7.9 per game. By contrast, the New York Yankees are rated No. 22 in the same category at 8.34 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, New York owns the No. 21-rated road mark, allowing 4.61 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 27 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York needed extra innings to get the job done against the Mets on Monday as the Yankees defeated them 6-5 at Citi Field.
- NY Yankees is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of NY Yankees’s last 17 games
- NY Mets is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of NY Mets’s last 20 games
- NY Mets is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to New York, Wednesday, August 3rd