The New York Mets are 7-2 in Matt Harvey’s last nine trips to the mound at Citi Field as the righthander returns from a 12-day layoff on Sunday night to take on the New York Yankees in marquee baseball betting action at the online sportsbooks.
- The Yankees are 5-2 in their last seven games vs. the Mets
- Mets SP Harvey is 1-0 with a 1.62 ERA in two career starts vs. the Yankees
- Yankees SP Sabathia is 3-2 with a 3.49 ERA in six career starts vs. the Mets
Harvey (12-7, 2.88 ERA) last pitched back on September 8 as the Mets attempt to limit his innings, getting rocked for seven runs on eight hits over 5 1-3 innings of work in that contest at Washington. CC Sabathia (4-9, 4.93 ERA) will be on the mound for the Yankees at Citi Field on Sunday night.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the New York Yankees listed as underdogs of 132 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 7, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 6.6-5.7 win for the Mets. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (84-64) will face the 81-66 Yankees in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs New York injuries news.
The New York Mets sit at No. 11 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the New York Yankees sit at No. 10 on the same chart.
Offensively, the game matches up New York Mets No. 17 ranked offense (4.23 runs per game) against a New York Yankees defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 16 at 4.27 runs allowed per game. The New York Mets have been averaging 8.38 hits per game, less than the New York Yankees have managed so far this season (8.67 hits on average).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and New York has the No. 4-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Yankees own the No. 16 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
M Pineda chucked 5.1 shutout innings at the Mets in their last game, striking out 4 in a 5-0 win against New York in baseball action at Citi Field.
- NY Yankees is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games on the road
- NY Mets is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games at home
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Toronto, Monday, September 21st
New York home to Atlanta, Monday, September 21st