If the Baltimore Orioles want to keep up in the AL East they will need to start actually picking up wins against divisional opponents. The O’s have gone 4-12 in their past 16 games within the AL East. Baltimore kicks off a three-game set with the New York Yankees Friday.
- Chris Davis went 2-for-3 with two home runs earlier this season against Chad Green.
- The Yankees are 5-2 in their past seven games against the Orioles.
- The UNDER is 6-2 in the past eight games between the Yankees and Orioles.
Pitcher Dylan Bundy is in the midst of one of the toughest stretches of his young career, as the righty has posted a 7.53 ERA in his past three outings. Bundy lasted just 4.0 innings while surrendering seven hits and five runs against the Yankees in his last outing.
Chad Green has been serviceable during his current stint in the Yankees’ rotation. Green has a 3.54 ERA but is allowing opponents to bat .278 in his past four appearances – all of which were starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Baltimore Orioles as -140 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 9 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 7.7-2.7 result in favor of the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Baltimore Orioles bring a 72-61 record to the battle against the 69-63 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Baltimore vs New York injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 27-ranked Baltimore Orioles and the No. 3-rated New York Yankees in this matchup.
At the plate, Baltimore owns the No. 10 ranking for hits at 8.92 per game. By contrast, the New York Yankees are rated No. 18 in the same category at 8.64 per game.
New York brings the No. 13-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Orioles’s No. 21-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Yankees beat Kansas City in extra innings, earning a 5-4 victory at Kauffman Stadium in MLB wagering action.
Baltimore looks to rebound from a loss to the Blue Jays, who beat them 5-3 on Wednesday behind a start from A Sanchez at Camden Yards.
- NY Yankees is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games on the road
- Baltimore is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Baltimore is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- Baltimore is 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Baltimore, Saturday, September 3rd