Petco Park has a reputation of being a pitcher friendly park, but that has not been the case recently. The OVER has hit in each of the past seven games at Petco Park with the San Diego Padres and their opponents averaging a combined 12.7 runs per game in that span. Will that trend continue when the Padres kick off a three-game set with the New York Yankees Friday?
- The Yankees have won six of the past eight meetings with the Padres.
- The Padres have covered the runline in just three of their past 11 home games.
- Didi Gregorious hit .337 with 18 RBIs in the month of June.
Nathan Eovaldi has been hard to watch this season for Yankees’ fans, but it has somehow gotten worse over the past month. Eovaldi has gone 0-3 with an 8.65 ERA while allowing 10 home runs in his five starts since the start of June.
Colin Rea has not been having much of a better season – with the righty posting a 5.05 ERA on the year – but has been given some stellar run support. Rea has received 6.29 runs of support per game in his starts – the fifth highest of any starter who has taken the bump at least 10 times.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The San Diego Padres were listed as 126 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 8 earlier at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.9-3.3 result in favor of the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs San Diego Padres Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Diego (33-46) will face the 39-39 Yankees in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Diego vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the San Diego Padres at No. 20 and the New York Yankees at No. 15 heading into this contest.
On offense, it’s a battle between the San Diego Padres and its No. 16-rated batting order, averaging 4.29 runs per nine innings, against the No. 23 line up of the New York Yankees at 4.13 runs per outing.
San Diego owns the No. 27 defense, allowing 4.29 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 16-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
M Pineda fanned 12 Texas batters in the team’s last outing, leading the Yankees to a 2-1 victory over the Rangers at Yankee Stadium.
The Padres were saddled with a loss last time out in C Friedrich’s start, as they lost 12-6 against Baltimore on Wednesday at PETCO Park.
- NY Yankees is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of NY Yankees’s last 12 games
- NY Yankees is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of San Diego’s last 13 games
- San Diego is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games at home
- San Diego is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Diego’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at San Diego, Saturday, July 2nd