The Boston Red Sox are tracking down some serious contenders in the American League East, but strangely enough that list doesn’t include the New York Yankees. The pair of rivals will square off at Fenway Park on Wednesday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of the Yankees’ last 21 games against teams with winning records.
- The Red Sox are 6-2 SU in their last eight games at home after a win at home.
- The Yankees are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games.
Nathan Eovaldi and Drew Pomeranz are the probable starters. Eovaldi (9-8, 4.80 ERA) tossed 1 1/3 innings of relief against Boston on July 15 but was hammered for six runs and 10 hits over five innings in a start at Fenway on May 1.
Pomeranz (8-9, 3.09) is still looking for his first win since joining the Red Sox last month. The 27-year-old has struggled with his command lately, issuing six walks against the Seattle Mariners in his last appearance.
Boston has had the upper hand in this matchup in recent months, going 4-1 in their last five against the Bronx Bombers.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting New York Yankees were 165 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 9.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.7-3.5 result in favor of the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Boston (60-50) will face the 56-56 Yankees in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Boston Red Sox at No. 8 and the New York Yankees at No. 17 heading into this contest.
At the plate, Boston owns the No. 1 ranking for hits at 9.95 per game. By contrast, the New York Yankees are rated No. 22 in the same category at 8.34 per game.
Boston owns the No. 21 defense, allowing 5.43 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 15-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-3 to Boston on Tuesday at Fenway Park.
- NY Yankees is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- NY Yankees is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 5-13 ATS in its last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Boston’s last 13 games
- Boston is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Boston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Boston, Thursday, August 11th