New York has stuck around just out of the playoff picture all season but is quickly running out of time to make its move. The Bronx Bombers will head into the hostile atmosphere of Fenway Park on Tuesday to begin a series with the team they are currently seeking in the standings.
- David Ortiz has 3 home runs in 5 plate appearances against Yankees’ starter Luis Severino.
- The Yankees are 0-8 in their last eight games with Luis Severino as the starting pitcher.
- The Red Sox are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games against the American League.
The Red Sox will put their faith in starter Rick Porcello tonight in search of their 12th straight win in games the righty has started at Fenway this season. The Morristown New Jersey native is 14-3 on the season with a 3.46 ERA and went undefeated in the month of July. In two games vs the Yankees this year, Porcello is 1-1 with a 1.93 ERA and has limited the Yankee bats to a .220 batting average.
Luis Severino (1-6, 6.02 ERA) was touted as one of the best pitching prospects in the league a year ago but has had significant trouble getting it together in the big leagues. The Dominican has been good since he took over the long relief role in Yanks’ bullpen and has been tossed back into a weak Yankees’ starting rotation.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Boston Red Sox as -183 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 9.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 4.7-3.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Red Sox bring a 60-50 record to the battle against the 56-55 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs New York injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Boston Red Sox rated this week at No. 8 and the New York Yankees sitting at No. 17.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting New York Yankees rank No. 22 at 8.35 hits per game. That compares with the Boston Red Sox No. 1 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Boston has the No. 22-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Yankees own the No. 15 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York rolled to a 3-2 win against Cleveland on Sunday, as Masahiro Tanaka and the Yankees’ bats led the team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
The Red Sox endured a 8-5 loss at the hands of the Dodgers on Sunday, with D Price throwing 5 innings of 6-hit ball at Dodger Stadium.
- NY Yankees are 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Yankees’ last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of NY Yankees’ last 23 games
- NY Yankees are 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Boston’s last 12 games
- Boston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Boston, Wednesday, August 10th