At this point, it seems unlikely the Yankees miss the playoffs. They have won seven of their last 10 games and are now just two games back of the Jays for the final playoff spot in the AL. New York has won seven straight games with Masahiro Tanaka on the mound, with all but one of those games also cashing on the runline.
- The Red Sox are 0-7 in their last 7 games at home with Eduardo Rodriguez as their starter.
- New York is 1-3 on the runline in its last 4 games and Boston is 6-2 in its last 8.
- The Yankees are 2-5 OU in their last 7 games as a moneyline underdog of 105 or more.
Tanaka has not posted a loss since early August and is now 13-4 with a 3.04 ERA in 29 starts this year. The Japanese international has been brilliant on the road so far as he’s posted a 2.18 ERA in 91.0 innings pitched away from Yankee Stadium.
The Red Sox will counter Tanaka with Eduardo Rodriguez (2-7, 4.70 ERA) tonight as they look to rebound from dropping two straight games to the Orioles. That streak, however, may be extended to three as E-Rod is 0-4 with a 5.54 ERA at Fenway this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Boston was a 100 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 9.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.0-2.2 victory for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Boston (81-64) will face the 77-68 Yankees in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs New York injuries news.
The Boston Red Sox sit at No. 1 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the New York Yankees sit at No. 5 on the same chart.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Boston Red Sox No. 1-ranked scoring average of 5.55 runs per game, against a New York Yankees offense rated No. 23 and scoring 4.21 runs per game. The Red Sox have averaged 10.05 hits per game to date this season, more than the Yankees hitters have managed (8.45 per nine innings).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Boston has the No. 13-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Yankees own the No. 9 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York didn’t plate a single run in their last outing, shut down by C Kershaw in a losing cause, 2-0, against Los Angeles on Wednesday.
The Red Sox were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the Baltimore staff and losing 1-0 to the Orioles on Wednesday at Fenway Park.
- NY Yankees are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’ last 5 games
- NY Yankees are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of NY Yankees’ last 13 games on the road
- Boston is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against NY Yankees
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Boston, Friday, September 16th