The New York Yankees and Kansas City Royals have become accustomed to putting up plenty of runs when they take on one another and bettors have been able to cash in on it. The OVER has hit in the past five meetings between the Yankees and Royals with the two squads combining for an average of 11.8 runs per game in that span.
- The Yankees have hit 35 home runs in their past 18 games.
- The Yankees are 6-2 in their past eight meetings with the Royals.
- The Royals are 10-2 in their past 12 games against teams with a winning record.
Masahiro Tanaka has been pitching his best ball of the season as of late, as the righty has posted a 1.63 ERA across his past four starts. Tanaka has not allowed a run in his past two starts while posting a 14-to-1 K/BB ratio in that span.
Edinson Volquez is coming off a solid outing but has mostly been on a downward trend during the month of August. Volquez has a 5.81 ERA this month while allowing four or more runs in four of his five outings.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the New York Yankees listed as favorites of -127 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 7.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.5-3.2 result in favor of the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
69-62 Kansas City battles the Yankees, currently with a 67-63 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs New York injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 1 (Kansas City Royals) and the No. 4 (New York Yankees) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Kansas City Royals No. 26-ranked scoring average of 4.03 runs per game, against a New York Yankees offense rated No. 21 and scoring 4.28 runs per game. The Royals have averaged 8.96 hits per game to date this season, more than the Yankees hitters have managed (8.58 per nine innings).
New York brings the No. 15-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Royals’s No. 8-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Yankees were saddled with a loss last time out in M Pineda’s start, as they lost 8-5 against Kansas City on Monday at Kauffman Stadium.
- NY Yankees is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Kansas City is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Kansas City is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games
- Kansas City is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Kansas City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Kansas City, Wednesday, August 31st