The Bronx bombers haven’t really been bombing this year, but they have been getting some decent pitching from their starters. A revitalized CC Sabathia (4-4, 2.28 ERA) will toe the rubber tonight as the Yanks begin a series with the lowly Twins who will counter with an even lowlier Kyle Gibson (0-4, 6.49 ERA).
- The Yankees are 5-0 in their last five games against the Twins.
- The Twins are 1-7 in their last eight games with a closing total of 8.5 or less.
- The Yankees are 6-1 in their last 7 games as road favorites, while the Twins are 4-13 in their last 17 games as home underdogs.
After getting cleaned up, CC has looked like the ace of old. He will carry a 2.25 away ERA into this matchup against the twins, who have not faired well as underdogs this year (14-36). NYY will look to end their current four-game losing streak and climb out of the basement of the AL East in a series against one of the worst teams in Major League Baseball.
Gibson, who is making only his second start since a stint on the DL for a sprained shoulder, has yet to win a game this year and carries a brutal ERA into this matchup. He is 1-3 in his career vs the Yankees with a 10.72 ERA, so not terrific.
The signs are pretty clear in this one, follow them and be rewarded.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Minnesota Twins in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 128 at BetOnline for Thursday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8.5 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.8-4.0 win for the Yankees on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Minnesota Twins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
20-45 Minnesota battles the Yankees, currently with a 31-34 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Minnesota vs New York injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 24-rated Minnesota Twins and the league No. 15-ranked New York Yankees, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Offensively, the game matches up Minnesota Twins No. 26 ranked offense (3.88 runs per game) against a New York Yankees defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 18 at 4.4 runs allowed per game. The Minnesota Twins have been averaging 8.32 hits per game, more than the New York Yankees have managed so far this season (8.11 hits on average).
Minnesota owns the No. 29 defense, allowing 3.88 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 18-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 6-3 to Colorado on Wednesday at Coors Field.
Minnesota looks to rebound from a loss to the Angels, who beat them 10-2 on Wednesday behind a start from H Santiago at Angel Stadium.
- NY Yankees is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Minnesota is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 5 games
- Minnesota is 6-17 SU in its last 23 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Minnesota’s last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Minnesota, Friday, June 17th