Though their clashes have been few and far between, the OVER has hit in each of the past five meetings between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Georgia Bulldogs. The two teams will renew their acquaintances when they meet in Athens Saturday.
- Alabama is 0-4-1 ATS in their last five on the road.
- Georgia QB’s have yet to throw an interception this year.
- Alabama held UL Monroe to 92 total yards last week.
In their past five meetings, dating back to October 5, 2005, the Tide and the Bulldogs have averaged a combined 58.4 points per game.
The matchup will feature two of the best running backs in the country in Alabama’s Derrick Henry and Georgia’s Nick Chubb.
Henry has averaged 6.3 yards per rush this season with eight touchdowns, but did not look like himself last week as he battled tonsillitis. Chubb has been averaging a staggering 8.4 yards per carry with six touchdowns on the season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The game opened as a pick’em but Alabama is now listed at +2 at 5Dimes with the total set at 52.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 23-20 result in favor of the Bulldogs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NCAAF matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Alabama Crimson Tide have seen them go 3-1 and 1-3 ATS so far this season, while the Georgia Bulldogs are at 4-0 and 2-2 ATS. In totals betting, the Bulldogs are 2-2, while the Crimson Tide are 2-2. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Georgia vs Alabama injuries news.
According to the Power Rankings here at Odds – VSB
it’s the No. 5-rated Georgia Bulldogs and the No. 9-rated Alabama Crimson Tide in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Louisiana-Monroe failed to break through the Alabama defense in its last game, suffering a 34-0 shutout at the hands of the Crimson Tide in Week 4 action.
- Alabama is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Alabama is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Alabama’s last 8 games
- Alabama is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Georgia is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- Georgia is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Georgia is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Georgia is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Alabama home to Arkansas, Saturday, October 10th
Georgia at Tennessee, Saturday, October 10th