The Houston Astros will try to collect their fourth straight victory on Wednesday as they play the third contest of a four-game set against the AL Central-leading Cleveland Indians.
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of the Astros’ last 19 games against the Indians.
- The total has gone OVER in six of the Astros’ last eight games as underdog.
- The Astros are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games on the road against the Indians.
Doug Fister and Carlos Carrasco will get the nod. Fister (12-10, 3.91 ERA) has dropped two in a row and three of his last four outings while permitting 21 runs on 35 hits in his last five outings (26 innings).
Carrasco (10-7, 3.06) has fanned at least eight batters in six consecutive starts and reached 11 in a game for the third time in 13 starts. The Venezuelan has posted a 2-1 mark with a 2.05 ERA in five career apperances against the Astros.
When the ‘Stros take the road behind Fister, cashed tickets are the norm. Houston is 9-2 in Fister’s last 11 road starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Cleveland Indians as -156 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 8.5 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.8-3.8 win for the Indians on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cleveland Indians sport a record of 79-58 heading into this matchup, while the Houston Astros sit at 74-64 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Houston injuries news.
This game puts the Cleveland Indians, most recently No. 17 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Houston Astros, who rate a No. 22 in the latest survey.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Cleveland Indians and its No. 5-rated batting order, averaging 4.9 runs per nine innings, against the No. 13 line up of the Houston Astros at 4.6 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Cleveland has the No. 7-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Astros own the No. 10 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Astros enjoyed a 4-3 victory at the expense of the Indians on Tuesday, with B Peacock throwing 1.1 innings of 0-hit ball at Progressive Field.
- Houston is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- Houston is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- Houston is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games on the road
- Cleveland is 4-16 ATS in its last 20 games
- Cleveland is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- Cleveland is 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- Cleveland is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Houston at Cleveland, Thursday, September 8th