The Nashville Predators kick off their NHL season when they host the first game of a home-and-home with the Chicago Blackhawks Friday. The smart move when these two teams collide is to take the fave, as the favorites have won nine of the past 10 between the Blackhawks and Predators.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the Blackhawks’ last 5 games on the road against the Predators.
- The Predators are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games as a moneyline favorite of -127 or less.
- The Blackhawks are 5-14 SU in their last 19 games against the Central division.
The Blackhawks took to the ice on opening night with five rookies and four players making their NHL debut. The game went pretty much as you’d expect given that lineup. Chicago managed to get just 19 shots on net, which is a far cry from the 30.5 they averaged last season.
After their longest playoff run in franchise history, the Predators did some retooling to increase their speed. Most notably, the team traded away defensive stalwart Shea Weber for P.K. Subban in hopes that his offensive prowess on the back end could help some of their forwards produce more.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re backing the visiting Chicago Blackhawks in this one, they Blackhawks listed earlier today as underdogs of -105 at most sportsbooks, including Bovada. Those over/under total betting saw the number open in the area of 5, depending on the book.
A 3.1-2.4 result in favor of the Blackhawks is the prediction by the Odds – Shark
handicapping pick engine. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
0-0-0 Nashville battles the Blackhawks, currently with a 0-1-0 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 38-35-23 for the Predators and 1-0 for the Blackhawks. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Nashville vs Chicago injuries news.
According to new NHL Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark
, it’s the No. 4-ranked Nashville Predators and the No. 12-rated Chicago Blackhawks in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Blackhawks were a 5-2 loser in their most recent outing at home against the Blues. That made winners of bettors who got St. Louis at +105 on the moneyline, while the total score (7) was good news for OVER bettors.
Nashville was a 5-0 loser in its last match on the road against the Sharks. They lost as +156 underdogs, while the total score of 5 made winners of PUSH bettors.
- Chicago is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago’s last 5 games
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Chicago is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games when playing Nashville
- Nashville is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Nashville is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Nashville is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Nashville is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing Chicago
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to Nashville, Saturday, October 15th