The Blue Jays took the first of a three-game set with the Mariners after Marco Estrada flirted with a no-hitter last night. They will look for a similar pitching performance from J.A. Happ tonight as he goes for his 20th win of the season. Happ has turned into the de facto ace for the Jays after he was signed to a deal that now looks like an absolute bargain.
– Shark BITES
- The Blue Jays are 7-1 in their last eight games on the road with J.A. Happ as the starting pitcher.
- The Mariners are 12-3 in their last 15 games after losing as a favorite.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of the Mariners’ last 11 games against teams with winning records.
Toronto has won 15 of Happ’s last 17 starts as he has been the picture of consistency. Since the All-Star Game, the lefty is 7-1 with a 3.09 ERA and has limited opposing lineups to a .210 batting average. He has made one start against the Mariners this year and like Estrada, he too flirted with a no-hitter as he allowed just one hit and no runs in six innings.
Hisashi Iwakuma gets the call for Seattle looking for his third-straight win. Iwa has been almost as good as Happ since the break as he’s posted a 3.27 ERA and 7-5 record. The current Jays’ lineup has had little success against the Japanese international as they own a combined .179 batting average in 84 total at bats against him.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bovada had installed the Seattle Mariners as 108 moneyline underdogs in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 7.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Mariners to win this game 3.6-3.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Seattle Mariners bring a 79-71 record to the battle against the 82-68 Blue Jays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs Toronto injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 4-ranked Seattle Mariners and the No. 25-rated Toronto Blue Jays in this matchup.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Seattle Mariners and its No. 8-rated batting order, averaging 4.73 runs per nine innings, against the No. 7 line up of the Toronto Blue Jays at 4.74 runs per outing.
Toronto brings the No. 8-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Mariners’s No. 15-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Blue Jays enjoyed a 3-2 victory at the expense of the Mariners on Monday, with M Estrada throwing 7 innings of 1-hit ball at Safeco Field.
- Toronto is 2-12 ATS in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Toronto is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games on the road
- Seattle is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle’s last 6 games
- Seattle is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Seattle is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Toronto
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto at Seattle, Wednesday, September 21st
Tagged with: feature