The New York Yankees looked to be down and out in the American League playoff race, but a late season push has them in an interesting position. The Yanks will look to once again gain some ground against the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday.
- The Blue Jays are 7-3 SU and ATS in their last 10 games against the Yankees.
- The total has gone UNDER in five of the Blue Jays’ last six games against teams with winning records.
- The total has gone OVER in three of the Blue Jays’ last four games against the Yankees.
Marcus Stroman and Bryan Mitchell are the probable starters for the Jays and Yankees, respectively. Stroman (9-6, 4.58 ERA) owns just one win in his last seven outings and notched just three strikeouts against Tampa Bay on Friday – his lowest total in nearly three months.
Mitchell (0-2, 6.37) was recalled with the expanded rosters and is getting a chance in the rotation spot after Chad Green was sidelined with an elbow injury. The 25-year-old has made three relief appearances against Toronto in the past, allowing five runs in 4 1/3 innings.
Yankee Stadium continues to be a boon for OVER bettors. In the Yankees’ last 11 home games, the OVER is 8-3.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the New York Yankees as 151 underdogs on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.2-3.0 win for the Blue Jays on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (72-65) will face the 77-61 Blue Jays in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Toronto injuries news.
The New York Yankees sit at No. 7 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Toronto Blue Jays sit at No. 4 on the same chart.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the New York Yankees No. 20-ranked scoring average of 4.26 runs per game, against a Toronto Blue Jays offense rated No. 6 and scoring 4.89 runs per game. The Yankees have averaged 8.53 hits per game to date this season, more than the Blue Jays hitters have managed (8.52 per nine innings).
Toronto brings the No. 9-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Yankees’s No. 11-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Blue Jays were saddled with a loss last time out in A Sanchez’s start, as they lost 7-6 against New York on Tuesday at Yankee Stadium.
- Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto home to Boston, Friday, September 9th
New York home to Tampa Bay, Thursday, September 8th