St. Louis has historically given the Bruins a ton of trouble in Boston and the Blues will look to continue their current roll when they face the B’s in Beantown this evening. The problem for the Blues is that Boston has won four of its last five and is on a five-game winning streak when going in as the favorite.
- The Blues are 7-1 in their last 8 games on the road against the Bruins.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of the Bruins’ last 11 games against teams with winning records.
- Jake Allen is 3-0 with a .953 save percentage in his last 3 starts.
Inverse to the Bruins’ trend as faves, the Blues have not won a game this year when they’ve been an underdog of +106 or more. Although that’s just two games, it says a lot that bookmakers had pegged St. Louis as +129 dogs at the time of writing. That line would mark the biggest underdog odds the Blues have faced all season.
Boston has not been involved in a game that’s gone OVER in five straight and the matchup between these teams has been producing UNDERs at a solid clip at the TD Garden. Both Boston and St. Louis are near the bottom in goals scored and another UNDER may be looming tonight.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the opening NHL betting line for this matchup, Boston sat as -125 favorites over at BetOnline. The total was set at 5 at Bovada but may move closer to puck drop.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 0.2-0 win for the Bruins on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
St. Louis Blues vs Boston Bruins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Bruins bring a 11-7-0 record to the battle against the 10-6-3 Blues. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen Boston go 6-10-2 so far and the Blues go 5-10-4. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs St. Louis injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings at Odds – Shark
show the No. 16-rated St. Louis Blues taking on the No. 17-rated Boston Bruins in this contest.
Offensively, the game matches up the Boston Bruins No. 20-ranked offense (2.5 goals per game) against a St. Louis Blues defense that ranks No. 19 at 2.68 goals per game allowed. The Bruins powerplay has clicked at a 13.56% rate while the Blues have a 89.61% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
St. Louis was a 3-1 winner in its last match at home against the Predators. They won as favorites, while the total score of 4 made winners of UNDER bettors.
In their last action, Boston was a 4-1 winner at home against the Jets. Bettors on Boston at -165 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (5) sent PUSH bettors home happy as well.
- St. Louis is 5-13 ATS in its last 18 games
- St. Louis is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- St. Louis is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- St. Louis is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games when playing Boston
- Boston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Boston is 6-17-2 SU in its last 25 games when playing St. Louis
- Boston is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against St. Louis
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Washington, Wednesday, November 23rd
Boston at Ottawa, Thursday, November 24th