The Chicago Blackhawks may be in prime position to take down the NHL-leading Montreal Canadiens Sunday. Chicago, who is 7-1-2 at the United Center this season, host a Montreal squad that has not beaten them in regulation since 2009.
- Corey Crawford is 5-0-2 with a 1.42 GAA and a .955 SV% in his career against the Canadiens.
- The OVER is 8-4 in the Blackhawks past 12 games at home.
- The Canadiens have covered the puckline in 13 of their past 17 games.
Though there are several key players in the Blackhawks’ current run atop the Central Division, none have been more important that Corey Crawford. The ‘Hawks’ goaltender is 6-0-2 with a 1.36 GAA and a .957 save percentage this season.
With the Canadiens coming off a 5-0 victory over Detroit Saturday, they will turn to backup goalie Al Montoya. This will be the first time we see Montoya take to the crease since he was hung out to dry in a 10-0 shellacking at the hands of Columbus.
Montreal Canadiens vs Chicago Blackhawks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Blackhawks bring a 10-3-2 record to the battle against the 13-1-1 Canadiens. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen Chicago go 6-6-3 so far and the Canadiens go 5-6-4. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Montreal injuries news.
It’s an NHL hockey betting matchup between the No. 4-rated Chicago Blackhawks and the No. 8-ranked Montreal Canadiens, according to the latest NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark
The game also pits Chicago’s No. 5-ranked offense, averaging 3.4 goals per game, against a Canadiens defense that ranks No. 1 at 2.07 goals allowed. The Blackhawks power play is averaging 19.67% while the Canadiens defense kills off 80.65% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Montreal was a 5-0 winner in its last match at home against the Red Wings. They won as favorites, while the total score of 5 made winners of PUSH bettors.
Chicago lost its last outing, a 3-2 result against the Capitals on November 11. Bettors who backed the Capitals at -130 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (5) sent PUSH bettors to the payout window.
- Montreal is 13-4 ATS in its last 17 games
- Montreal is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games
- Montreal is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Montreal is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Chicago is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chicago is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Montreal home to Florida, Tuesday, November 15th
Chicago at Winnipeg, Tuesday, November 15th