There is no older, more hate-filled rivalry in hockey than the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs. The two teams have clashed 783 times over the course of history, but the rivalry has been extremely one-sided as of late. The Habs have won the past 12 meetings between the two clubs, which includes the two so far this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of the Maple Leafs’ last 15 games.
- The Canadiens are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games against teams with losing records.
- The total has gone UNDER in the past 3 games between the Canadiens and Maple Leafs.
The Leafs have been unable to solve Carey Price this season, as the Canadiens’ netminder has a 1.00 GAA with a .971 save percentage in two starts against Toronto. Since the beginning of the 2015-15 season, Price has faced the Leafs eight times and has allowed one goal or fewer on five occasions.
Toronto enters Saturday red-hot, as they have won five of their past six while averaging 4.3 goals per game in that span. Predictably, Auston Matthews has been tearing it up during that span with the rookie sensation tallying five goals and five assists in the Leafs past six.
Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Maple Leafs sit at 18-12-8 on the season; in comparison, the Montreal Canadiens are currently 24-9-6. Looking to wager on the totals? Toronto is 17-21 OU, and Montreal is 16-16-7 OU. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Montreal injuries news.
The Toronto Maple Leafs sit at No. 7 in the current NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Montreal Canadiens sit at a No. 6 on the same chart.
The game also pits Toronto’s No. 5-ranked offense, averaging 3.08 goals per game, against a Canadiens defense that ranks No. 5 at 2.31 goals allowed. The Maple Leafs power play is averaging 22.31% while the Canadiens defense kills off 80.85% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Canadiens were a 4-3 winner in their most recent outing on the road against the Stars. That made winners of bettors who got Montreal at +110 on the moneyline, while the total score (7) was good news for OVER bettors.
Toronto was a 4-2 winner in its last match on the road against the Devils. They won as -130 underdogs, while the total score of 6 made winners of OVER bettors.
- Montreal is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Montreal is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Montreal is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Montreal’s last 6 games when playing Toronto
- Toronto is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Toronto is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Toronto’s last 16 games
- Toronto is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Montreal home to Washington, Monday, January 9th
Toronto at New York, Friday, January 13th