The San Francisco Giants’ slide since the All-Star break has been well documented, but they aren’t dead in the water yet. The Giants look to post their third straight win over the visiting St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday.
- The Giants are 3-8 in Samardzija’s last 11 starts.
- The OVER is 7-3 in Leake’s last 10 road starts.
- The OVER is 8-1 in the last 9 meetings in San Francisco.
Mike Leake and Jeff Samardzija are slated to take the mound. Leake (9-10, 4.60 ERA) is 5-2 with a 5.02 ERA in nine career games against San Fran. The 28-year-old played nine games for the Giants last year before signing a five-year contract with the Cards in the offseason.
Samardzija (11-10, 4.07) is 2-2 in his last seven starts while allowing a total of two home runs over the stretch. The pitcher owns a 4-4 mark with a 4.61 ERA in 20 career games against the Cardinals.
UNDER bettors are profiting when the Cardinals take the diamond. In St. Louis’ last eight games, the UNDER is 6-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bovada had installed the San Francisco Giants as -130 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 7.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Giants to win this game 4.7-2.1. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
St. Louis Cardinals vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Francisco (79-68) will face the 76-71 Cardinals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs St. Louis injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the San Francisco Giants rated this week at No. 7 and the St. Louis Cardinals sitting at No. 27.
At the plate, San Francisco owns the No. 12 ranking for hits at 8.86 per game. By contrast, the St. Louis Cardinals are rated No. 18 in the same category at 8.66 per game.
St. Louis brings the No. 14-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 5-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
St. Louis looks to rebound from a loss to the Giants, who beat them 8-2 on Friday behind a start from M Moore at AT&T Park.
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 8 games
- St. Louis is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games when playing St. Louis
- San Francisco is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against St. Louis
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 9 games when playing at home against St. Louis
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at San Francisco, Sunday, September 18th