The Toronto Raptors made it all the way to the Eastern Conference final last spring but eventually met their match in the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Raptors will be out for blood in the second game of the regular season when they welcome the wine and gold north of the border.
- The Cavaliers are 1-4 SU and ATS in their last five games on the road against the Raptors.
- The visiting team is 1-8 SU and ATS in its last nine games in this matchup.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Cavaliers’ last five games after a win.
Oddsmakers opened the Raps as 2.5-point home underdogs with a total of 204.5.
The defending champion Cavaliers were razor-sharp in their season opener in a 117-88 blowout of the New York Knicks. Kyrie Irving poured in a game-high 29 points while LeBron James had 19 of his own, 14 assists and 11 rebounds for his 43rd career regular season triple-double.
Toronto posted a 109-91 triumph over the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday thanks to 40 points from all-star shooting guard DeMar DeRozan and a career-high 32 from young Lithuanian big man Jonas Valanciunas.
The Dinos were a solid bet against the Cavs last year, going 2-1 SU and ATS in three meetings with Cleveland. If they’re going to steal a win tonight, they’ll need point guard Kyle Lowry to get going. Lowry had just 10 points on 3-of-13 shooting against Detroit.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those looking to pick the visitors as their prediction to cover in this one found the Cleveland Cavaliers listed as -3-point favorites earlier at BetOnline. Meanwhile, the OVER/UNDER total betting line for this game was set at 202.5 at Bovada but may have moved since the betting odds opened.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 111-93 result in favor of the Cavaliers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Toronto Raptors Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Cleveland Cavaliers have seen them go 1-0 and 1-0 ATS so far this NBA season, while the Toronto Raptors are at 1-0 and 1-0 ATS. In Over/Under totals betting, the Raptors are 1-0, while the Cleveland Cavaliers are 0-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Cleveland injuries news.
The Toronto Raptors sit at No. 6 in the current NBA Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark
, while the Cleveland Cavaliers are at No. 3 on that betting chart.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cleveland cruised to victory on Tuesday, running New York out of the gym and running up a 117-88 score at Quicken Loans Arena.
DeMar DeRozan poured in 40 points for Toronto on Wednesday, as they defeated Detroit 109-91 at Air Canada Centre.
- Cleveland is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Cleveland is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Cleveland is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
- Toronto is 6-12 ATS in its last 18 games
- Toronto is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Toronto is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland home to Orlando, Saturday, October 29th
Toronto home to Denver, Monday, October 31st