The Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets are two teams that were playoff-bound last season and figure to be in the mix once again this spring. The Eastern Conference foes will do battle in North Carolina on Saturday and Oddsmakers opened the Celtics as 2.5-point favorites with a total of 206.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of the Celtics’ last 16 games with one day off between games.
- The Celtics are 3-0 SU and ATS in their last three games on the road against the Hornets.
- The visiting team is 4-0 SU and ATS in the last four games in this matchup.
Traditionally, these teams have a history of playing in a lot of low-scoring games at the Spectrum Center. The UNDER has paid out in seven of the last eight meetings between the C’s and Hornets.
Charlotte also went below totals with ease at home last season, evidenced by the UNDER going 8-2 in their previous 10 home affairs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Charlotte Hornets opened as 3-point underdogs at online sportsbook BetOnline, while the NBA total line was sitting around 204.5 at Bovada for those who prefer OVER/UNDER betting on the total amount of points scored.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 103-101 victory for the Hornets. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
Boston Celtics vs Charlotte Hornets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Charlotte Hornets currently sport a record of 2-0, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 2-0 ATS. The Boston Celtics are 1-1 and 0-2 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Hornets post a 1-1 OVER/UNDER record this season, while the Celtics have gone 1-1 against the total number of points scored. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Charlotte vs Boston injuries news.
The Charlotte Hornets sit at No. 4 in the current NBA Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark
, while the Boston Celtics are at No. 16 on that betting chart.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Celtics endured a 105-99 loss at the hands of the Bulls on Thursday, despite a 25-point effort from Isaiah Thomas at United Center.
The Hornets grabbed a 97-91 win over the Heat on Friday, behind a 24-point effort from Kemba Walker at American Airlines Arena.
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Charlotte is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Charlotte is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Charlotte’s last 7 games
- Charlotte is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston home to Chicago, Wednesday, November 2nd
Charlotte home to Philadelphia, Wednesday, November 2nd