The Chicago Cubs scored the second-most runs in the National League through the regular season, but the bats have gone absolutely silent during the postseason. The Cubbies averaged 5.1 runs per game during the regular season, but are averaging a mere 3.6 runs in the postseason. Chicago will try to even up their NLCS series with the Los Angeles Dodgers – a team they have gone UNDER against on 14 of the past 17 occasions – Wednesday.
- The Cubs are batting just .161 during the NCLS.
- The Dodgers have won 4 of the past 5 against the Cubs.
- The Cubs are 5-0-1 SU in their last 6 games on the road after losing their most recent road game.
One of the biggest reasons the Cubs signed John Lackey was due to his extensive experience pitching in the postseason. Lackey has taken to the bump in the postseason 24 times in his 13-year career, with the righty posting a 3.22 ERA with 103 strikeouts across 131.1 innings of work.
The Dodgers will send Julio Urias to the bump, making him the youngest pitcher to start a League Championship Series in baseball history. LA has been careful to manage Urias’ pitch count throughout the season, with the youngster posting a 3.39 ERA in 77.0 innings of work in the majors. Urias has been a strikeout machine – 84 Ks – but has also struggled with control, as he has surrendered 31 walks.
Chicago Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Dodgers bring a 96-74 record to the battle against the 107-61 Cubs. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Chicago injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Los Angeles Dodgers rated this week at No. 7 and the Chicago Cubs sitting at No. 1.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Los Angeles Dodgers and its No. 16-rated batting order, averaging 4.44 runs per nine innings, against the No. 3 line up of the Chicago Cubs at 4.93 runs per outing.
Defensively, Chicago features the No. 3-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.88 runs per game. Los Angeles, meanwhile, comes in at No. 18 at home, scoring 4.35 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
R Hill shut down the Cubs in their last game, striking out 6 in a 6-0 shutout over Chicago in baseball action at Dodger Stadium.
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing LA Dodgers
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
- LA Dodgers is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games at home
- LA Dodgers is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Los Angeles, Thursday, October 20th