The Chicago Cubs had the best record in baseball and one of the biggest reasons why was their bounce-back ability. The Cubbies are 9-2-1 – one game was called after six 6.0 innings due to weather – in their past 12 games coming off a loss. Chicago looks to close out their NLDS series with the San Francisco Giants Tuesday.
- The Cubs are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games on the road against the Giants.
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of the Giants’ last 21 games in the playoffs at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of the Cubs’ last 10 games.
John Lackey is easily the most experienced playoff starter in the Cubs’ rotation, as the veteran has made 20 postseason starts in his career. Lackey also closed out the season pitching some of his best baseball, as the righty posted a 2.34 ERA in his past nine starts with the Cubs going 7-2 during that span.
Matt Moore will be making his first start since October 2 when he takes the bump for the Giants. Long periods of rest have only marginally helped Moore, as he has a 3.36 ERA in 17 career starts coming off six or more days rest.
Chicago Cubs vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
89-77 San Francisco battles the Cubs, currently with a 105-59 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Chicago injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 10 (San Francisco Giants) and the No. 1 (Chicago Cubs) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 19-rated offensive output, at 8.83 hits per game. The Chicago Cubs average 8.66 hits per game, good for No. 18 on the list.
Defensively, Chicago features the No. 3-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.84 runs per game. San Francisco, meanwhile, comes in at No. 11 at home, scoring 4.6 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago lost a tight one on Monday, seeing the game get away from them in extra innings and falling by a 6-5 score against San Francisco at AT&T Park.
- Chi Cubs is 11-4 ATS in its last 15 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 9 games
- Chi Cubs is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- San Francisco is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- San Francisco is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- San Francisco is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to San Francisco, Thursday, October 13th