The North Siders took care of business in Game 1 of the NLCS in an 8-4 runline win that smashed the closing total of seven. Chicago can take a 2-0 lead into LA with a win tonight as they send Kyle Hendricks to the mound to face Clayton Kershaw, who will be pitching on just two days’ rest.
- The Dodgers are 4-12 in their last 16 games in the playoffs on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of the Cubs’ last 12 games.
- The Cubs are 8-1 on the moneyline and 7-2 on the runline in their last 9 games at home.
Kershaw has already done some pretty heroic things this postseason but pitching on two days’ rest? I’m not so sure about that. The Dodgers’ ace seems to be the exception to the rule that starting pitchers on short rest in the playoffs doesn’t pan out but Kershaw made three appearances in the series vs the Nationals and has had injury woes all season. If this guys’ back doesn’t give out, his arm may just fall off.
Kyle Hendricks lasted just 3.2 innings in his first postseason start this year after giving up two runs to the Nationals on four hits. That was out of the ordinary for the 26-year-old as he actually had the lowest ERA of anyone in the Cubs’ All-Star rotation this year and hadn’t gone less than five innings since he was pulled from a start in early July.
Most books have the Cubs as the slight underdog in this one and with the way the Chicago has been playing at home, you pretty much have to take the value – I don’t care who’s pitching.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs bring a 107-59 record to the battle against the 94-74 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Los Angeles injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 1-rated Chicago Cubs and the league No. 7-ranked Los Angeles Dodgers, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Chicago has baseball’s No. 3-rated offensive output, at 8.65 hits per game. The Los Angeles Dodgers average 8.45 hits per game, good for No. 22 on the list.
Los Angeles brings the No. 5-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cubs’s No. 1-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers endured a 8-4 loss at the hands of the Cubs on Saturday, with Kenta Maeda throwing 4 innings of 4-hit ball at Wrigley Field.
- LA Dodgers is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games
- LA Dodgers is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of LA Dodgers’s last 11 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 12-6 ATS in its last 18 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 8 games
- Chi Cubs is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to Chicago, Tuesday, October 18th