The Washington Nationals and Los Angeles Dodgers have had a fantastic battle so far in the NLDS, and the series will be decided when Game 5 gets underway in D.C. on Thursday.
- The total has gone OVER in four of the Dodgers’ last five games in the playoffs as road underdogs.
- The total has gone OVER in three of the Dodgers’ last four games against the Nationals in the playoffs.
- The Nationals are 12-4 SU in their last 16 games as home favorites.
Rich Hill and Max Scherzer will get the nod for the Dodgers and Nats, respectively. Hill (0-1, 8.31 ERA) lasted only 4 1/3 innings while losing Game 2, giving up four runs and six hits while striking out seven.
Scherzer (0-1, 6.00) allowed four runs and five hits in six innings while losing against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw in Game 1. The ace has had problems keeping the ball inside the park, serving up a career-worst 31 home runs in the regular season. Corey Seager and Justin Turner took Scherzer deep in Los Angeles’ 4-3 victory in Game 1.
When the Dodgers play on the road, OVER bettors are profiting. The OVER is 5-2 in the Dodgers’ last five aways away from home.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Washington sat as -147 favorites earlier in the day at Bovada. The over/under total was set at 7, according to MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.4-2.2 win for the Nationals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Nationals bring a 97-69 record to the battle against the 93-73 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Los Angeles injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 14-ranked Washington Nationals and the No. 7-rated Los Angeles Dodgers in this matchup.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Los Angeles Dodgers rank No. 22 at 8.45 hits per game. That compares with the Washington Nationals No. 18 ranking in that category.
Washington owns the No. 2 defense, allowing 4.72 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 5-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- LA Dodgers is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Washington is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to , Wednesday, December 31st
Washington home to , Wednesday, December 31st