The Broad Street Bullies head into LA tonight to take on the Kings at the Staples Center in the Flyers first game of the season. The Kings lost Jonathan Quick in their season-opening loss to the Sharks so things could be starting to come to a head for Daryl Sutter and his systems.
- The visiting team is 8-2 in its last 10 games in this matchup.
- The Kings are 7-1 in their last 8 games in October.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Flyers’ last 3 games on the road against the Kings.
Jeff Zatkoff looks to be the man for LA right now but the Kings will want to find a replacement No. 1 netminder Quick-ly. The Kings’ backup played 14 games for the Penguins last season and managed to win just four of them. That’s a pretty horrible conversion rate for the goalie of a Stanley Cup winning team and LA 100 percent does not have the firepower to keep up with teams if Zatkoff lets more than one or two pucks behind him.
Philly will most likely be splitting starts between Steve Mason and Michael Neuvirth again this season and it looks as though the former will be getting the call in Game 1 of the Flyers’ NHL season. Mason started 54 games last year and managed to post a respectable .918 save percentage and a 2.51 goals against average for a Flyers team that finished in the final wild-card playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight is an interesting game as we have not yet seen Philadelphia. The Kings are still the same Kings team that allowed the second fewest shots against per 60 minutes just a season ago. My gut says UNDER here but my gut is often wrong – use your best judgment because mine is questionable.
Philadelphia Flyers vs Los Angeles Kings Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Los Angeles will face the 0-0-0 Flyers. In totals betting, the Kings are 0-1 in over under betting so far this season while the Philadelphia Flyers are 33-34-21. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Philadelphia injuries news.
The Flyers – Kings odds would favor the Flyers if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Los Angeles is rated No. 9 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Philadelphia is at No. 7.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Philadelphia lost its last outing, a 1-0 result against the Capitals on April 24. Bettors who backed the Capitals at -166 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (1) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
Last time out for Los Angeles, they were a 2-1 loser as they battled the Sharks on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Sharks at -161 were rewarded, while the 3 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
- Philadelphia is 5-10 ATS in its last 15 games
- Philadelphia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games
- Philadelphia is 17-8 ATS in its last 25 games on the road
- Los Angeles is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- Los Angeles is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Los Angeles is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Los Angeles’s last 13 games when playing Philadelphia
Next Betting Matchups
Philadelphia at Arizona, Saturday, October 15th
Los Angeles at Minnesota, Tuesday, October 18th