The Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants were on opposite ends of the spectrum in the second half of the MLB season, but none of that matters now. The clubs kick off their National League Division Series in the Windy City on Friday.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of the Giants’ last 14 games as underdogs against the Cubs.
- The Cubs are 6-0 SU in their last six games on Friday.
- The Giants are 2-14 SU in their last 16 games on the road after a win on the road.
Johnny Cueto and Jon Lester are listed as the probable starters. Cueto (18-5, 2.79 ERA) went 4-0 with a 1.91 ERA over his final four outings to reach the third-highest victory total of his career. The 30-year-old is 2-3 with an underwhelming 5.35 ERA in seven career postseason starts.
Lester (19-5, 2.44) was fantastic at Wrigley Field this year, going 10-2 with a 1.74 ERA in front of the Cubs faithful. Lester is 4-1 with a 2.25 ERA in five career starts against San Fran.
The Giants haven’t enjoyed their trips to Wrigley lately. San Francisco is an ugly 1-7 SU in their last eight games in Chicago.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Chicago Cubs as -175 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 7 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.9-2.2 win for the Giants on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (103-58) will face the 88-75 Giants in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs San Francisco injuries news.
This game puts the Chicago Cubs, most recently No. 1 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the San Francisco Giants, who rate a No. 10 in the latest survey.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Chicago Cubs and its No. 3-rated batting order, averaging 4.99 runs per nine innings, against the No. 19 line up of the San Francisco Giants at 4.4 runs per outing.
Comparing defensive stats, San Francisco owns the No. 6-rated road mark, allowing 3.96 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 7 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
M Bumgarner silenced the Mets bats in a 3-0 victory last time out versus New York at Citi Field.
The Cubs enjoyed a 7-4 victory at the expense of the Reds on Sunday, with K Hendricks throwing 0.1 innings of 0-hit ball at Great American Ball Park.
- San Francisco is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of San Francisco’s last 17 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 10-3 ATS in its last 13 games
- Chi Cubs is 9-3-1 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Chicago, Saturday, October 8th