The Cleveland Indians have overcome the odds and are only one game away from advancing to the American League Championship Series. Game 3 between the Tribe and the Boston Red Sox gets underway at Fenway Park today.
- The Red Sox are 5-1 in Buchholz’s last 6 starts.
- The UNDER is 5-0-1 in Tomlin’s last 6 starts.
- The Indians are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings in Boston.
Josh Tomlin and Clay Buchholz are the probable starters. Tomlin (13-9, 4.40 ERA) posted a 1.75 ERA in his final four appearances during the regular season, capped by a win at Kansas City that helped guarantee the Indians home-field advantage in the ALDS. The hurler is 2-3 with a 5.49 ERA in seven career games against Boston.
Buchholz (8-10, 4.78) is 2-2 with a 4.85 ERA in seven career starts against Cleveland but struggled against them this season, allowing a combined nine runs and seven walks in 10 innings of work.
The Red Sox continue to pay off for UNDER bettors. The UNDER is 12-3-1 in Boston’s last 16 games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Boston Red Sox were listed as -138 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 9.5 earlier at Bovada.
Cleveland Indians vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Red Sox sport a record of 93-71 heading into this matchup, while the Cleveland Indians sit at 96-67 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Cleveland injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 3-ranked Boston Red Sox and the No. 13-rated Cleveland Indians in this matchup.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Cleveland Indians rank No. 8 at 8.91 hits per game. That compares with the Boston Red Sox No. 1 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Cleveland owns the No. 7-rated road mark, allowing 4.1 runs per game on the highway. Boston, on the other hand, rates No. 2 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Cleveland is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Boston is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland at Boston, Monday, October 10th