Down 0-2, the Toronto Blue Jays have dug themselves a hole so far in their American League Championship Series with the Cleveland Indians, which makes Monday’s Game 3 a must-win for Canada’s lone MLB club.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone OVER in five of the Indians’ last seven games after winning as an underdog.
- The Blue Jays are 3-0 SU in their last three games in the playoffs at home.
- The Indians are 4-12 SU in their last 16 games on the road after winning their most recent road game.
Trevor Bauer and Marcus Stroman will get the nod for the Tribe and Jays, respectively. Bauer (0-0, 5.79 ERA) was scheduled to start Game 2 before cutting his finger while repairing his drone and was pushed back to allow his pinky to heal. The hurler allowed two runs in eight innings and struck out a career-high 13 batters in his last time facing the Blue Jays on August 19.
Stroman (0-0, 3.00) has not earned a victory since August 14, but he did hold Baltimore to two runs and four hits over six innings in Toronto’s wild-card triumph. The Duke product has allowed three or fewer runs in seven of his last nine starts.
Both of the first two games in this series have gone UNDER the total, and recent history is showing tonight’s tilt has a good chance of going UNDER again. In Cleveland’s last eight games north of the border, the UNDER has gone 6-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Toronto Blue Jays as -195 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Odds – Shark computer prediction formulas pick a 3.6-2.0 win for the Blue Jays on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cleveland Indians vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Toronto (93-75) will face the 99-67 Indians in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Cleveland injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 11-ranked Toronto Blue Jays and the No. 13-rated Cleveland Indians in this matchup.
The game also pits Toronto Blue Jays No. 9-rated offense, averaging 4.68 runs per game, against a Cleveland Indians defense that ranks No. 7 at 4.11 in runs allowed per game. The Toronto Blue Jays have averaged 8.37 hits per game so far, less than Cleveland Indians batters have averaged on the year (8.86 hits per game).
Cleveland brings the No. 7-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Blue Jays’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Cleveland is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 6 games
- Cleveland is 7-15 ATS in its last 22 games on the road
- Toronto is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Toronto’s last 22 games
- Toronto is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games at home
- Toronto is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland at Toronto, Tuesday, October 18th
Tagged with: feature