Excitement in the Windy City was extremely high when the Chicago Cubs were set to host their first World Series game in 71 years, but Wrigley Field has become a field of sadness over the weekend. The Cubbies, who dropped Game 4 by a score of 7-2 on Saturday, find themselves in a 3-1 hole to the Cleveland Indians. The Indians can send the Cubs packing in Game 5 at Chicago.
- The Indians are 4-1 in Bauer’s last five starts.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the Cubs last five games.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the last five meetings in Chicago.
Trevor Bauer and Jon Lester are slated to get the start of the Indians and Cubbies, respectively. Bauer (0-1, 5.00 ERA) will be starting on short rest, and he’s never done that in his major league career. The hurler tossed seven scoreless innings in his only career outing at Wrigley in 2015.
Lester (2-1, 1.69) gave up three runs in 5 2/3 innings in the Game 1 loss but he still owns a 2.60 ERA in 124 2/3 innings in his postseason career. He’ll have to be wary of Indians short stop Francisco Lindor, who’s recorded multiple hits in three of four games in the series.
Yesterday’s game went OVER, but the UNDER is still red-hot when the Indians take the field. The UNDER is 10-1 in Cleveland’s last 11 postseason affairs.
Cleveland Indians vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
111-64 Chicago battles the Indians, currently with a 104-69 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Cleveland injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Chicago Cubs at No. 1 and the Cleveland Indians at No. 13 heading into this contest.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Cleveland Indians rank No. 12 at 8.77 hits per game. That compares with the Chicago Cubs No. 20 ranking in that category.
Defensively, Cleveland features the No. 7-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.95 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 8 at home, scoring 4.66 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cleveland rolled to a 7-2 win against Chicago on Saturday, as C Kluber and the Indians’ bats led the team to victory at Wrigley Field.
- Cleveland is 10-2 ATS in its last 12 games
- Cleveland is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Cleveland’s last 11 games
- Cleveland is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cleveland
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland home to Chicago, Tuesday, November 1st