There has been one constant when the Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox clash, as the favored team is 6-1 in the past seven between the two clubs. The one underdog victory did come in Game 1 of the ALDS, as the Tribe won 5-4 despite closing at +119.
- The Indians averaged 4.06 runs per game on the road – the fourth-lowest in the MLB.
- The UNDER is 6-2 in Clay Buchholz’ past 8 starts.
- The Indians are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games on the road after consecutive home games.
Due to the rainout on Sunday, Josh Tomlin will be taking to the mound with seven days rest. The righty is coming off his best month of the season, as Tomlin posted a 1.69 ERA in his past five appearances – four of which were starts. The Indians’ pitcher went 7.2 innings while surrendering seven hits and three runs in his one start against the Red Sox this season.
Clay Buchholz has spent the second half of the season bouncing between the bullpen and rotation, but he has excelled when getting the start. Buchholz has allowed a combined 12 runs in his past seven starts – six of which came in one outing – while leading the Sox to a 5-2 record.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Cleveland Indians before the first pitch in this match found them as 125 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bovada. They saw the over/under total of 9.5 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Indians to win this game 5.3-1.6. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cleveland Indians vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Boston (93-71) will face the 96-67 Indians in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Cleveland injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 3 (Boston Red Sox) and the No. 13 (Cleveland Indians) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Boston Red Sox and its No. 1-rated batting order, averaging 5.38 runs per nine innings, against the No. 4 line up of the Cleveland Indians at 4.83 runs per outing.
Defensively, Cleveland features the No. 7-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.1 runs per game. Boston, meanwhile, comes in at No. 2 at home, scoring 5.89 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Cleveland is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Boston is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland at Boston, Tuesday, October 11th