The Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks renew their rivalry on the opening night of NHL action Wednesday. Bad blood tends to boil over when the Kings and Sharks meet but the road team has been a consistent play, as the home team is just 2-8 in the past 10 between the clubs.
– Shark BITES
- Joe Pavelski had 10 points in 5 regular season games against the Kings last year.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the Sharks’ last 6 games.
- The Kings are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games in October.
There is no doubt that the Kings will play solid defense in front of Jonathan Quick, but can the team score? LA finished in the middle of the pack in offense last season, but a late-season drought cost them dearly. With huge contracts weighing them down, the team did little to add a scoring touch to their offense during the offseason.
The Sharks return virtually the same lineup that went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals last season and should be one of the top contenders in the Western Conference again. The only thing that could be an issue is Martin Jones. The goaltender played well last season, but proving you can do that year after year is another story.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The San Jose Sharks were listed earlier today as 129 moneyline favorites at most sportsbooks tracked by Odds – Shark (including Bovada), while odds makers set the opening betting total around 5.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Sharks to win this game 2.6-2.5. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Jose will face the 49-32-6 Kings. In totals betting, the Sharks are 52-43-11 in over under betting so far this season while the Los Angeles Kings are 30-34-23. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Jose vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The San Jose Sharks sit at No. 2 in the current NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark , while the Los Angeles Kings sit at a No. 12 on the same chart.
Offensively, the game matches up the San Jose Sharks No. 4-ranked offense (2.98 goals per game) against a Los Angeles Kings defense that ranks No. 3 at 2.43 goals per game allowed. The Sharks powerplay has clicked at a 23.05% rate while the Kings have a 81.05% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Los Angeles is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Los Angeles is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Los Angeles is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Los Angeles is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing San Jose
- San Jose is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games
- San Jose is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 6 games
- San Jose is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to Philadelphia, Friday, October 14th
San Jose at Columbus, Saturday, October 15th
Tagged with: feature