The Boston Celtics have looked out of sorts on both ends of the floor so far in the young NBA season, but they’ll have an opportunity to smooth things out against the division rival New York Knicks on Friday.
- The Celtics are 6-1 SU in their last seven games against their division.
- The Knicks are 1-12 SU in their last 13 games after a win.
- The Celtics are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games at home after failing to cover in their most recent home game.
Boston is coming off a disappointing 118-93 loss to the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, and head coach Brad Stevens made it clear he’s expecting more from his group. The Celtics never trailed by more than 15 points, as the Wizards held a staggering 34-8 lead after the first quarter.
Winners of two of their last three games, the Knicks are averaging 112 points per game so far. Kristaps Porzingis and Carmelo Anthony are leading the charge, as the duo combined for 43 points and 15 boards in Wednesday’s 110-96 triumph over the Brooklyn Nets.
Boston has had a major edge in this series of late. The Celtics are 6-1 SU in their last seven meetings with the Knickerbockers. Dating back to last year, Jae Crowder and company are cashing UNDERs with ease. The UNDER is 10-4 in Boston’s previous 14 tilts.
New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Celtics currently sport a record of 3-4, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 3-4 ATS. The New York Knicks are 3-4 and 3-4 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Celtics post a 3-4 OVER/UNDER record this season, while the Knicks have gone 3-4 against the total number of points scored. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
betting Power Rankings have the Boston Celtics at No. 21 and the New York Knicks at No. 22 heading into this NBA contest.
The game also pits Boston’s No. 7-ranked offense averaging 107.71 PPG, against a New York Knicks defense that ranks No. 24 at 107.86 PPG. The Boston Celtics field goal percentage has averaged 48.08% so far, more than the New York Knicks shooters have achieved on the year, 46.15% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York earned a 110-96 victory over Brooklyn on Wednesday, getting 22 points from Carmelo Anthony at Madison Square Garden.
The Celtics were blown out by Washington on Wednesday, losing by a 118-93 final at Verizon Center in basketball betting action.
- New York is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of New York’s last 23 games
- New York is 6-18 SU in its last 24 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of New York’s last 12 games on the road
- Boston is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Boston’s last 14 games
- Boston is 20-5 SU in its last 25 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Toronto, Saturday, November 12th
Boston at Indiana, Saturday, November 12th