Louisville will look to pick up their first conference win and buck some bad history when they visit Notre Dame Wednesday. The Cardinals have gone 0-5 SU and ATS in their past five trips to South Bend, which includes a 71-66 defeat near the end of last season.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Louisville’s last 13 games against Notre Dame.
- Louisville is 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games on the road against teams with winning records.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Notre Dame’s last 11 games as underdog.
Louisville is, like every other year, a defensive minded club with the Cardinals holding opponents to 60.4 points per game on 36.7 percent shooting. No one play stands out on the offensive end but leading scorer Donovan Mitchell is coming off a spectacular 25 point performance against a ranked Indiana team.
Notre Dame has continued to struggle on the defensive end this season, though they have been better than last season’s disastrous performance. The Irish offense has been one of the best in the ACC while also sitting fifth in the nation in assists per game. Sophomore Bonzie Colson is leading Notre Dame in points, rebounds, steals and blocks.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish betting line opened as 1-point underdogs in this college basketball tilt over at BetOnline but the number may be on the move. Watch for the opening over/under total as well at MyBookie.
Louisville Cardinals vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The 12-2 and 4-3-1 ATS Notre Dame Fighting Irish will face the 12-2 Louisville Cardinals, who own a 9-3 ATS mark on the season. In totals betting, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are 5-3 on the OVER/UNDER so far this season while the Louisville Cardinals are 2-10.
This game puts the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, most recently No. 118 in the Odds – Shark
power rankings, up against the Louisville Cardinals, who rate No. 20 in the latest survey.
Rating these schools in several key categories is important for handicappers and Notre Dame has the nation’s No. 27-rated offensive output, at 83.21 PPG. The visiting Louisville Cardinals defense ranks No. 13 allowing on average 60.43 PPG. The Fighting Irish FG% has averaged 47.7% so far, more than the Notre Dame Cardinals marksmen have achieved on the year, 43.98% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cardinals got 25 points from Donovan Mitchell as Louisville ran past Indiana 77-62 on Saturday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Bonzie Colson scored 21 points and helped out with 21 rebounds for Notre Dame on Saturday, leading the Fighting Irish to a 78-77 victory over Pittsburgh at Petersen Events Center.
- Louisville is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- Louisville is 5-10 ATS in its last 15 games when playing Notre Dame
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Louisville’s last 13 games when playing Notre Dame
- Louisville is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Notre Dame
- Notre Dame is 12-2 SU in its last 14 games
- Notre Dame is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Notre Dame is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games when playing Louisville
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Notre Dame’s last 13 games when playing Louisville
Next Betting Matchups
Louisville at Georgia Tech, Saturday, January 7th
Notre Dame at Clemson, Saturday, January 7th