It’s home sweet home for the Cleveland Indians when they host the Miami Marlins Saturday, as the team 6-1 in their past seven games at Progressive Field. Those seven games have seen the Indians outscore their opponents 31-20.
- The Marlins are 1-8 against the runline in their past nine games.
- The Indians are 3-13 against the runline in their past 16 games.
- Jose Fernandez has struck out 35 percent of batters faced this season.
Trevor Bauer has been a steady presence for the Indians in his recent outings, as the righty has posted a 2.45 ERA throughout his past five starts. The highlight of those outings came in a 13-strikeout performance against the Toronto Blue Jays on August 19.
Jose Fernandez is coming off back-to-back outings in which he didn’t allow a single run. Fernandez has allowed just nine hits while recording 15 strikeouts across his past 13.0 innings of work.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Cleveland sat as 110 underdogs earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 7, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Indians to win this game 5.3-3.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Cleveland (77-56) will face the 68-67 Marlins in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Miami injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Cleveland Indians at No. 19 and the Miami Marlins at No. 20 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Cleveland has baseball’s No. 4-rated offensive output, at 9.08 hits per game. The Miami Marlins average 9.27 hits per game, good for No. 3 on the list.
Cleveland owns the No. 8 defense, allowing 4.9 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Miami’s No. 6-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Miami looks to awaken their bats in this one, after they were struck out 11 times by C Carrasco in their last outing, a 6-2 setback against Cleveland at Progressive Field.
- Miami is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games
- Miami is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Miami’s last 13 games
- Miami is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Cleveland is 3-13 ATS in its last 16 games
- Cleveland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games
- Cleveland is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Cleveland, Sunday, September 4th