The Miami Marlins have waited until it was too late to make it into the postseason, but the team has suddenly become red-hot winning 12 of their last 16 contests. The Marlins will try to continue their torrid pace when they take on the Washington Nationals Friday.
- The Marlins are 7-18 in their last 25 games at Nationals Park.
- The total has gone over in eight of the Nationals’ last 12 games.
- Nationals SP Max Scherzer is 2-4 with a 4.50 ERA since the All-Star Break.
During those 16 games, the Marlins brought the bats with the team scoring five or more runs on eight occasions. Miami’s defense has been doing their part, which has lifted the Marlins to five wins by four runs or more.
The Nationals have clashed with the Marlins four times since September 11, with the Nats going just 1-3.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Washington Nationals as -154 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 6.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 6.1-4.5 win for the Nationals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Nationals sport a record of 75-71 heading into this matchup, while the Miami Marlins sit at 64-83 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Miami injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Washington Nationals at No. 2 and the Miami Marlins at No. 18 heading into this contest.
The game also pits Washington Nationals No. 7-rated offense, averaging 4.45 runs per game, against a Miami Marlins defense that ranks No. 11 at 4.07 in runs allowed per game. The Washington Nationals have averaged 8.57 hits per game so far, less than Miami Marlins batters have averaged on the year (8.67 hits per game).
Washington owns the No. 10 defense, allowing 4.45 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Miami’s No. 11-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Marlins grabbed a win last time out, defeating T Roark and the Nationals 6-4 on Thursday at Nationals Park.
- Miami is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami’s last 8 games
- Miami is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 6 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Washington’s last 12 games
- Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Washington, Saturday, September 19th