The San Francisco Giants owned the San Diego Padres to start the year, but lately they’ve been struggling versus the Friars. The Giants look to bounce back from one of their worst losses of the season in the finale of a three-game set on Wednesday.
- The Padres are 5-0 SU in their last five games against the Giants.
- The total has gone UNDER in eight of the Padres’ last 11 games against the Giants.
- The Giants are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games at home with Madison Bumgarner as the starting pitcher.
Luis Perdomo and Madison Bumgarner are the probable starters. Perdomo (7-9, 5.89 ERA) allowed three runs in 4 2/3 innings against the Giants on July 16 and owns a 6.48 ERA in three games against San Fran.
Bumgarner can collect his 100th career victory with a win tonight. The four-time All-Star owns a career 10-6 record and 3.24 ERA in 26 career games against San Diego.
Stringing together wins has been a tall order for the Padres lately. San Diego is 3-17 SU in its last 20 games after a win.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the San Francisco Giants in this matchup found them as -280 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 7.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.4-4.0 victory for the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Diego Padres vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants sport a record of 77-67 heading into this matchup, while the San Diego Padres sit at 61-84 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs San Diego injuries news.
This game puts the San Francisco Giants, most recently No. 12 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the San Diego Padres, who rate a No. 24 in the latest survey.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 17-rated offensive output, at 8.88 hits per game. The San Diego Padres average 7.91 hits per game, good for No. 29 on the list.
San Francisco owns the No. 5 defense, allowing 4.43 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with San Diego’s No. 24-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Diego rolled to a 6-4 win against San Francisco on Tuesday, as C Richard and the Padres’ bats led the team to victory at AT&T Park.
- San Diego is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- San Diego is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- San Diego is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- San Diego is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 11 games
- San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- San Francisco is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Diego at Colorado, Friday, September 16th
San Francisco home to St. Louis, Thursday, September 15th