Cleveland came out on the right side of a 5-4 result last night in Game 1 of their ALDS series with the Red Sox in a game that was raining home runs. The Indians and BoSox combined for six solo shots at Progressive Field in the series opener but expect a much more conservative affair tonight with two ace pitchers on the starting bump.
- The Indians are 11-1 in their last 12 games with Corey Kluber as the starting pitcher.
- The visiting team is 3-9 in its last 12 games in this matchup.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of the Red Sox’ last 8 games on the road with Price as the starter.
The Tribe will rely on Kluber tonight to give them the all-important two-game edge in their five-gamer in the right-handers’ first ever postseason start. Cleveland’s pitching staff is extremely banged up right now so there’s going to be immense pressure on their 30-year-old ace who posted an 18-9 record and 3.14 ERA this season.
Boston will hand the rock to a pitcher tonight that has had significant issues pitching in October. David Price is just 2-7 in 14-postseason appearances in which he’s been knocked around for a 5.12 ERA. Price’s most recent playoff experience came last season with the Blue Jays when he posted a 6.17 ERA in four appearances.
When The Red Sox signed Price in the offseason, he was quoted as saying he was “saving all his playoff wins for the Red Sox”. I’m sure no one will rub that in his face if he loses tonight, though.
Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cleveland Indians sport a record of 95-67 heading into this matchup, while the Boston Red Sox sit at 93-70 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Boston injuries news.
The Cleveland Indians sit at No. 13 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Boston Red Sox sit at No. 3 on the same chart.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Cleveland Indians and its No. 4-rated batting order, averaging 4.83 runs per nine innings, against the No. 1 line up of the Boston Red Sox at 5.41 runs per outing.
Defensively, Boston features the No. 4-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.89 runs per game. Cleveland, meanwhile, comes in at No. 3 at home, scoring 5.57 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Red Sox endured a 5-4 loss at the hands of the Indians on Thursday, with R Porcello throwing 4.1 innings of 6-hit ball at Progressive Field.
- Boston is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Boston is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games
- Boston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 6 games
- Cleveland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 7 games
- Cleveland is 8-17 ATS in its last 25 games at home
- Cleveland is 16-5 SU in its last 21 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston home to Cleveland, Sunday, October 9th