The Los Angeles Dodgers and Washington Nationals had to wait an extra day to partake in Game 2 of their NLDS after Hurricane Matthew pushed the tilt from Saturday to Sunday. The Dodgers will attempt to take a 2-0 series lead at Nationals Park today.
- The OVER is 5-1-1 in the Dodgers’ last 7 games.
- The Dodgers are 5-1 SU in the last 6 meetings in Washington.
- The Nationals are 1-5 in their last 6 playoff games.
Rich Hill and Tanner Roark are slated to get the ball for the Dodgers and Nats, respectively. Hill (12-5, 2.12 ERA) went 3-2 with a 1.83 ERA and 0.79 WHIP in six starts after being acquired from Oakland. The veteran is 1-1 with a 4.34 ERA in four career appearances against the Nationals.
Roark (16-10, 2.83) gets the start in place of the injured Stephen Strasburg. The 30-year-old is making his first career postseason start, and he’s in fine form right now. Roark set a career-best for victories and ERA in 2016 while limiting opposing batters to a .228 average.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Los Angeles Dodgers were -120 moneyline favorites in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bovada. The total was 7.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Nationals bring a 95-68 record to the battle against the 92-71 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Los Angeles injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 14-rated Washington Nationals and the league No. 7-ranked Los Angeles Dodgers, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
On offense, it’s a battle between the Washington Nationals and its No. 8-rated batting order, averaging 4.7 runs per nine innings, against the No. 14 line up of the Los Angeles Dodgers at 4.47 runs per outing.
Defensively, Los Angeles features the No. 16-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.63 runs per game. Washington, meanwhile, comes in at No. 14 at home, scoring 4.49 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles got the job done in their last match in a 4-3 victory over Washington on Friday at Nationals Park behind starter C Kershaw.
- LA Dodgers is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Washington is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to Washington, Monday, October 10th