The Giants have only five games left and with the Cardinals trailing close behind in the wild card race, all five may as well be playoff games. San Fran will send Jeff Samardzija (12-10, 3.83 ERA) to the mound to face Tyler Chatwood (11-9, 4.08 ERA) and the Rockies in the Bay Area.
- The Rockies are 2-5 on both the ML and RL in their last 7 games as underdogs against the Giants.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the Rockies’ last 5 games against the Giants.
- The Rockies are 10-3 in their last 13 games on the road with Chatwood as the starting pitcher.
Jeff “the – Shark
” Samardzija’s pitching has gone in real peaks and valleys this season and right now, he’s peaking. He has a 2.93 ERA through five starts in September and he’s given up just two home runs in the month. In his last five starts against the Rockies, the – Shark
has not allowed more than two runs and hurled at least seven innings in all five of those outings.
Tyler Chatwood continues to impress on the road as he’s posted a 1.88 ERA and 7-1 record in games pitched away from Coors Field. In his last seven road starts, Chatwood has allowed more than two runs just twice and has allowed exactly one run four times.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the San Francisco Giants as -191 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bovada.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 7.0-2.2 win for the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Colorado Rockies vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants sport a record of 83-74 heading into this matchup, while the Colorado Rockies sit at 73-84 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Colorado injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 15-rated San Francisco Giants and the league No. 24-ranked Colorado Rockies, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the San Francisco Giants No. 19-ranked scoring average of 4.39 runs per game, against a Colorado Rockies offense rated No. 2 and scoring 5.29 runs per game. The Giants have averaged 8.82 hits per game to date this season, less than the Rockies hitters have managed (9.48 per nine innings).
San Francisco owns the No. 5 defense, allowing 4.39 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Colorado’s No. 28-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Colorado looks to awaken their bats in this one, after they were struck out 11 times by M Moore in their last outing, a 12-3 setback against San Francisco at AT&T Park.
- Colorado is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Colorado is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- Colorado is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Colorado is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Colorado
- San Francisco is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Colorado
Next Betting Matchups
Colorado at San Francisco, Thursday, September 29th