If Virginia Tech wants to continue their climb up the national rankings, they will need to prove they can travel to Tallahassee and beat Florida State. The Hokies have lost their past nine games while visiting the Seminoles, though they have not played at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center since January 2014.
- The total has gone OVER in the past 4 games between Virginia Tech and Florida State.
- Florida State is 13-0 SU and 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games at home.
- Virginia Tech is 3-22 SU in their last 25 games on the road against teams with winning records.
Virginia Tech’s offense is running on all cylinders and, though Zach LeDay gets most of the attention, it features five players averaging double-digit points. The Hokies are also shooting the lights out, as they are 19th in the country in shooting percentage and 10th in three-point percentage.
However, Florida State has been better offensively than VT, as the Seminoles are averaging 86.2 ppg while shooting a ridiculous 50.7 percent from the field. Unlike the Virginia Tech, FSU relies more on a singular player to get the offense going. Dwayne Bacon is averaging 18.1 ppg and has taken 80 more shots than anyone else on the team.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you were backing the Virginia Tech Hokies in this one, their betting line was listed as 8-point underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs Florida State Seminoles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Florida State Seminoles currently sport a 14-1 record overall in NCAA basketball action, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 11-4 ATS. The Virginia Tech Hokies are 12-2 and 6-4 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Florida State Seminoles produce a 8-7 OVER/UNDER record on the season, while the Virginia Tech Hokies have gone 5-5 against the totals betting line.
This game puts the Florida State Seminoles, most recently No. 6 in the Odds – Shark
power rankings, up against the Virginia Tech Hokies, who rate No. 48 in the latest survey.
In the paint, the rebound battle will feature Florida State’s No. 76-rated squad against Virginia Tech’s No. 162-rated roster. And in long-range shooting, Florida State rates No. 165 in the country with 7.13 per game, while their foes tonight, the Virginia Tech Hokies rank No. 36 nationally with 9.21 per match.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Hokies were hammered by North Carolina State on Wednesday, losing by a 104-78 final at PNC Arena in college basketball betting action.
The Seminoles grabbed a 60-58 win over the Cavaliers on Saturday, behind a 29-point effort from Dwayne Bacon at John Paul Jones Arena.
- Virginia Tech is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- Virginia Tech is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Virginia Tech is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Virginia Tech’s last 6 games on the road
- Florida State is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- Florida State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida State’s last 5 games
- Florida State is 12-4 ATS in its last 16 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Virginia Tech home to Syracuse, Tuesday, January 10th
Florida State at Duke, Tuesday, January 10th