On a light day in the NHL schedule, the New York Islanders will host the Minnesota Wild as the Isles continue their five-game homestand. Bruce Boudreau has his new team playing pretty well out of the gates but has not been able to coach the Wild to a win when they’ve been up against underdog odds.
- The Wild are 3-6 in their last 9 games against the Islanders.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the Islanders last 7 games at home.
- The Islanders are 1-8 on the puckline in their last 9 games.
Devan Dubnyk (2-1-1, .912 SV%) and Jaroslav Halak (2-2-0, .905 SV%) are both probable to get the starts for their respective teams so neither the Wild or Isles will have a significant advantage in goalkeeping.
New York took both the matchups against Minnesota last season as they held the Wild to four total goals while scoring nine for themselves. Dubnyk started between the ‘Sota pipes in both of those losses and allowed eight goals on 60 shots. The strategy for NYI should be to shoot and shoot often as they’re 2-0 this season when they’ve accumulated 30 or more shots.
If Dubby and Halak do indeed get the starts tonight, I’ll be taking the UNDER.
Minnesota Wild vs New York Islanders Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Islanders are 2-3-0 so far on the season. The Minnesota Wild, meanwhile, are 3-1-1. OVER/UNDER betting fans have seen New York go 1-4 and the Wild go 2-2-1 on the totals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Minnesota injuries news.
It’s an NHL hockey betting matchup between the No. 28-rated New York Islanders and the No. 17-ranked Minnesota Wild, according to the latest NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark
Offensively, the game matches up the New York Islanders No. 26-ranked offense (2.4 goals per game) against a Minnesota Wild defense that ranks No. 9 at 2.6 goals per game allowed. The Islanders powerplay has clicked at a 7.14% rate while the Wild have a 94.12% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Minnesota was a 2-1 loser in its last match on the road against the Devils. They lost as +100 underdogs, while the total score of 3 made winners of UNDER bettors.
Last time out for New York, they were a 3-2 winner as they battled the Coyotes at home. Moneyline bettors who got the Islanders at -200 were rewarded, while the 5 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
- Minnesota is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Minnesota is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games
- Minnesota is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Minnesota is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- NY Islanders is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games
- NY Islanders is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Islanders’s last 7 games
- NY Islanders is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Minnesota at Boston, Tuesday, October 25th
New York home to Montreal, Wednesday, October 26th