Currently holding the first American League wild card spot but with a few teams breathing down their neck, the Toronto Blue Jays will be looking to add to a streak of five straight home wins over the New York Yankees. Going back to last season, the Jays have gone 8-2 when hosting the Yanks with each of those wins coming by two runs or more.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of the Yankees’ last 13 games on the road against the Blue Jays.
- The Blue Jays are 1-4 in their last 5 games with 1 day off between games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the Blue Jays’ last 6 games.
Francisco Liriano will start for Toronto after splitting time as both a starter and a reliever this month. He’s been average in September, posting a 3.77 ERA in 14.1 innings pitched which includes two shutout innings vs the Yankees at the start of the month. The current Yankees lineup has combined to hit just two home runs in 121 at-bats vs Liriano.
New York will counter with Bryan Mitchell who will be making his fourth start of the season. The results haven’t been favorable for 25 year old as he’s allowed eight runs in 12 innings of work. He did, however, hold the Jays to zero runs in five innings in a start on September 7 in New York.
Odds – Shark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.6-4.4 victory for the Blue Jays. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Toronto Blue Jays bring a 83-69 record to the battle against the 79-73 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings have the Toronto Blue Jays at No. 26 and the New York Yankees at No. 14 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Toronto has baseball’s No. 7-rated offensive output, at 8.44 hits per game. The New York Yankees average 8.57 hits per game, good for No. 20 on the list.
Defensively, New York features the No. 10-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.43 runs per game. Toronto, meanwhile, comes in at No. 6 at home, scoring 5.04 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Blake Snell shut down the Yankees in their last game, striking out 6 in a 2-0 shutout over New York in baseball action at Tropicana Field.
The Blue Jays got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against Seattle on Wednesday; it was a 2-1 final at Safeco Field in MLB wagering action.
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Toronto is 3-13 ATS in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games
- Toronto is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Toronto, Saturday, September 24th