The New York Yankees’ late-season run has seen them climb to within 2 1/2 games of the Baltimore Orioles for the American League’s second wild-card spot, and a Thursday date with the lowly Tampa Bay Rays could go a long way to helping them accomplish the feat.
– Shark Bites
- The Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against the Rays.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of the Yankees’ last 11 games against the Rays.
- The Rays are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home after consecutive losses at home.
Luis Cessa and Blake Snell will get the start for the Yanks and Rays, respectively. Cessa (4-2, 4.44 ERA) is winless in his last four starts, allowing 13 runs over 22 innings over that stretch. Cessa owns a 7.11 ERA in three outings against Tampa Bay this season.
Snell (5-8, 3.87) is 1-3 over his last five starts, including a brutal outing against New York on September 9 that saw him give up three runs on six hits over 2 2/3 innings. The hurler is 1-1 with a 4.15 ERA in three starts versus the Bronx Bombers in 2016.
When Snell takes the mound, the OVER is a red-hot bet. The OVER is 6-0 in Snell’s last six starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Tampa Bay Rays as -124 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 8 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Odds – Shark computer prediction formulas pick a 6.4-3.2 win for the Yankees on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Tampa Bay Rays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Tampa Bay Rays bring a 64-87 record to the battle against the 79-72 Yankees. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs New York injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 21-ranked Tampa Bay Rays and the No. 19-rated New York Yankees in this matchup.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting New York Yankees rank No. 20 at 8.58 hits per game. That compares with the Tampa Bay Rays No. 26 ranking in that category.
Tampa Bay owns the No. 15 defense, allowing 4.24 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 12-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York got the job done in their last match in a 11-5 victory over Tampa Bay on Wednesday at Tropicana Field behind starter Masahiro Tanaka.
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Tampa Bay’s last 25 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Toronto, Friday, September 23rd
Tampa Bay home to Boston, Friday, September 23rd